Based in Gympie, the Rattler Railway Company is run by a board of directors who bring a diversified combination of skills and experience in tourism, business and heritage rail from both Gympie and the wider region.
The team is made up of management, administration, engineering and site supervision staff who will work alongside a dedicated network of skilled volunteers to reshape and refocus the Mary Valley Rattler from a heritage railway enthusiast venture to a regional tourism attraction run as a business to generate ongoing economic benefits for the region.
- Ian has had a career – over 45 years Travel and Tourism in Australia, Europe, South East Asia, USA and the Pacific.
- His roles have included General Manager Sales and Marketing for Qantas, CEO of Qantas Holidays and CEO or Director of several Retail and Wholesale travel business.
- Ian has also been on Tourism advisory panels including Thailand, Bali, Fiji and Hawaii.
- From 2011-2016 was a Director and Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee of Sunshine Coast Destination.
- His expertise in operation a first class tourism business is well known, he is an excellent asset to have steering the RRC.
- Garry is a 4th Generation Gympie resident and has had a career focused on community.
- He is currently manager of a disability employment services company within Gympie. He is currently a member of the Gympie Chamber of commerce, Gympie Cooloola Rotary member, Executive member of Disability Employment Australia, member Council Economic Development Reference Group, Member Local Disaster Management Group, Member Gympie Turf Club, Member Gympie Goaldiggers Toastmasters, Member Gympie RSL.
- He has previously been a Alderman of the Gympie Regional Council, Member of Leukaemia Foundation, Member of Gympie Lions Club, Executive Member of Gympie Central State School P & C, Executive Member of Queensland Recreation Association, Member of Gympie Fire Board, Executive Member of Rainbows Rugby League Football Club.
- Former Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary with John Singleton Advertising
- Currently runs a bookkeeping business and a band management business.
- A rail professional with 18 years of experience as a manager and senior executive in freight rail.
- Has been a senior executive in rail safety, risk management and compliance, while also taking responsibility for HR/IR, environmental management as well as governance activities.
- Holds a Graduate Diploma in Applied Corporate Governance.
- Managed operations, developed systems of training and obtained accreditation for several rail operators including Freightliner Australia and Queensland Rail as part of its purchase of the ARG railway in WA.
- Has also developed fully integrated Safety Management Systems and has been engaged by the then NSW Rail Safety Regulator to provide advisory services to Tourist & Heritage in NSW as well as providing advisory services to 3801 Ltd.
- Owner/Director of Massey Online Management
- The Massey Online Management team monitor and protect online reputations, leverage social media platforms like Facebook and TripAdvisor and create and upload content and promotional material to websites and third-party web directories.
- Owner of Mary Valley Views B and B
- Significant experience as an asset management consultant
- Former President, Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce.
- Director Platinum Travel Corporation Pty Ltd. The company operates in the corporate travel, group/event and retail travel sectors with locations in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Wollongong.
- Former Director Eumundi markets.
- Former Director of Tourism Sunshine Coast
- Chairman of Sunshine Coast Community Financial Services Pty Ltd who own and operate four Bendigo Community Banks
- Founding President of the Tewantin Community Association
Adrian was recently appointed by the Board noting the constitution allows the RRC to appoint 2 of the 9 directors itself.
- Has 34 years professional experience in the railway industry rising through train operations grades in QR from Driver, Tutor Driver, Train Operations Inspector, Train Management Improvement Officer to Operations Manager and Risk, Compliance Manager. Has also held positions in QR Network including Network Safety Coordinator (including emergency management), Access Coordinator and Safeworking Coordinator.
- Has also managed Train Scheduling on the QR Network as well as Network Control Centres.
- Currently employed as Principal Operations Specialist with Aurizon and has responsibilities nationwide for the safe implementation of new railway technologies and improved train
- Has been involved with the Mary Valley Railway for 16 years, including fulfilling the duties of Guard, Fireman and Driver as an active member of the operating team as well as providing operational advice to the Management Committee and more recently, Gympie Regional Council and the Rattler Railway Board.